WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Thursday 2 January 2014

A Reading Challenge for 2014

Well, Happy New Year to you all!  Bliadhna Mhath Ur, as it goes in Gaelic (bl-EE-an-a Va Oor).  I watched the Edinburgh Military Tattoo on my laptop (TV’s not working) last night, followed by the Bells from London and then the ceilidh from Partick, Glasgow, on the Gaelic BBC channel.  I followed my little traditions, as I described them last night, and had a couple of glasses of whisky as I watched the London fireworks and the ceilidh.  They went on a bit, the London fireworks; about 15 minutes of them!  Pretty spectacular, but I’m afraid I thought of the money that could have gone to better causes!  Party Pooper?  Well, yes, maybe I am - but 15 minutes?  I didn’t see the Edinburgh fireworks as my TV wasn’t working and typically there was no coverage from BBC Scotland on the website.  Scotland is treated as a region rather than part of Britain!  Though so saying, the Gaelic channel was available!

Anyway, on to that reading challenge.Scotland badge  The topic as you can see is based on Scottish literature.

         Challenge levels:
Just A Keek (a little look): 1-4 books read
The Highlander: 5-8 books
The Hebridean: 9-12 books
Ben Nevis: 13+ books

Details:
Read and review Scottish books -any genre, any form- written by a Scottish author (by birth orimmigration) or about or set in Scotland.
Challenge runs January 1 to December 31, 2014

So I am signing up to the Ben Nevis level and have already made a list of 15 books I want to read, with the option of more if I want,  but the Ben Nevis level is the highest (because Ben Nevis is the name of Scotland’s highest mountain), so 13 books gets you there!  The books I have chosen may not all be to my taste once I start reading but I can choose more.  The list is not cast in stone.

If you fancy joining in too, click on the Read Scotland 2014 logo for more info.

Talk again soon.

 

1 comment:

Peggy Ann said...

So glad you've joined in, Evee! Can't wait to see what you read. Thanks for the Gaelic for Happy New Year!