WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Tuesday 18 January 2011

After high waters

Just a few photos to show the difference in the water levels from Sunday to Monday!debris debris2 

 

 

 

Obviously the debris shows how far the water rose.

cauld

cuddy meets tweed

 

 

 

 

The cauld is looking a lot tamer than on the day before, and the path upriver is walkable again.aftermath 006Trees that had their feet in thefootbridge water are clear of it now…..

…..and Cuddy can once again flow under the footbridge.gulls on bridge

 

 

back to bridge

 

Beyond the bridge , above, was nothing but water on Sunday, and the ducks weren’t swimming about or being fed.  All that flat land, right, was covered.  Mallards, mergansers and the little gulls were all milling around yesterday though, waiting for crusts of bread to be thrown for them by a dad with baby in his arms. 

merganser

This is a merganser, one of only a handful to be found on the river.  I wouldn’t like to be pecked by that hooky beak! mergansers

 

and here are his comrades with some of the gulls.

bridgelamp

 

And a last one for today, I rather liked the silhouette of the lamp on the parapet of the road bridge as I looked up at it from the riverbank.

Talk again soon.

No comments: