WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Friday 18 June 2010

Whistlebare!

whistlebare and foxgloves  Brenda and Donald live in a cottage way up on a hillside, and this is the local name for it, a good one when you consider winter with the wind whistling around the place and the ground pretty bare of trees, except for the forestry plantation behind the house, and a tiny rowan tree Brenda planted in memory of her lost baby, who would have been a young man now had he been able to live.

 whistlebare the ruinWhen Brenda bought the cottage several years ago the place was a ruin – 4 stone walls, a roof you could see through (this was from a later picture when the roof was taken down), no window frames or doors, no floorboards – all were gone, used to make fires by walkers and others stopping by, after it was deserted by its last human occupant, the local gamekeeper, probably about 60 or more years ago.

 whistlebareSo, over the years, not without many difficulties and problems, Whistlebare has become a beautiful little house, with views over the Perthshire hills and countryside to die for.  I last saw it when it was in its ruinous state, but visited last weekend to see an almost finished home.     whistlebareJust a few photos then, and a quick posting, as summer is proving to be a very busy time!                                                The view from the front door.  The road is way down in the valley, with just a track leading uphill.view panoramathe neighbours    

The neighbours!

donnie, bee and sorcha

Donald, Brenda and her daughter.

Below is the living room.  I can hardly believe I saw this last when it was an empty shell! main room panorama b2

 

 

 

OK then, I’ll be back as soon as I can, so do keep dropping in on the chance there may be more from me!

Talk again soon.

No comments: