WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Sunday 10 January 2010

A bit of a thaw

my icicles again

my icicles

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The icicles hanging from the guttering above my front door were beginning to look pretty impressive, and were even longer last night.  Opportunity for another photo this morning?  Not to be!  A thaw set in overnight, and my icicles were decimated.

When I went up to the street to do some food shopping, the thaw had turned fairly solid snow to slush with great puddles of icy water filling the gutters.  Makes life difficult!  Oh well, just as long as it doesn’t freeze again overnight, as the roads and pavements will be lethal!

How much longer? I wonder.  It would be so good to see green grass again!

Talk again soon.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh Evee, I remember Icicles like these when I was a girl in Scotland... a yearly occurrance then. Hope you're feeling better.

Mary
XXX