WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Monday 10 August 2009

Housewarming

Before I start on the main subject for today, this is a link to an article in the Times about the monks of Tashi Lhunpo.  I found it after I posted the piece about the concert last time.  It explains a few more things about the dances, chants and prayers. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/health/features/article599660.ece

So, I went to a housewarming party last night. Sam, Paddy and their two little boys have moved from their cottage, the one I showed you on 15th June, leaving behind that beautiful garden, and moving into a 1900s/10s house in Biggar, about half an hour away.  They actually have the basis of an equally lovely garden there, and the house has some great original features,  Sam says she just loves it, with its large windows to let in lots of light, and everything on one level.  glenogle viewThe views are beautiful too, out over the garden to the hills.

After sitting outside for a while with drinks, as it got a bit cooler we came inside to eat and put the music on for dancing.   paddy dj

Paddy was DJ, playing us bits of music from his huge collection of LPs (vinyl! Wow! Hundreds of it!) and CDs.paddy record 

 

 

 

 

 

 

sam paddy dance

Sam and Paddy -  dance well together – this the man who has an operation on his knee to look forward to on Wednesday

sam the bass

 

A

And just look at the expression as Sam gives us a demo on playing the bass! 

john toni jenni nobby

 

Some of the guests, including Sam’s mum with the baggy trousers!

calum

and Calum was so busy trying to avoid having his photo taken by John that he didn’t realise that I had sneaked a photo of him instead!  This guy does card tricks!  Pretty impressive stuff too!

It was a great night with lots of laughter and conversation that went on till the wee sma’ oors o’ the morning, before folk began to drift off home or to crash out.

Several of us were staying over, and after only a few hours sleep were wakened this morning by the smell of bacon cooking!! Sam had cooked up a huge breakfast of bacon, egg, sausages, mushrooms and tomatoes, accompanied by orange juice and copious cups of tea. Eventually the guys, including Paddy, left to drive down to Peebles to watch the football on the big screen TV at the pub,but it was much later in the afternoon when I took Sam down to Peebles to fetch Paddy home again in their car, and to return home myself.

So it was meant to be an early night tonight but somehow that didn’t happen and here I am, yawning my head off, and still blogging in the early hours of this morning –.  Oh well, at least I don’t have to get up early tomorrow, and it was a fun night last night.

Talk again soon. 

1 comment:

Mary said...

Oh I LOVE Sam's Mum's baggy trousers... just my thing for slouching around in the evening.