WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Thursday 13 November 2008

La petite chatte mauvaise

I got an email from Eunice in New Zealand the other day telling me her granddaughter Rachel had done really well in her ballet competitions and had come top of the 6-year-olds, to win a Silver Cup! When I was staying with Eunice in April, Rachel and her brothers came to visit and she performed a Scottish Highland Fling for me! It was so sweet! She's really into her dancing! Then she succeeded in securing a part for herself in the musical CATS, as a kitten, and had her photo taken in costume. When I heard that she was to be taking part in the ballet competition I was sure she would do well. Eunice picked my brains for the French for The Naughty Kitten, so I gave her my best shot - la petite chatte mauvaise - and Rachel's dance was duly given its name!

Proud grandma revealed the results the other day, as I said, and as I wanted to do a scrapbook layout for Rachel, using her CATS photo, I created this! Isn't she cute? I have given her a silver cat trophy instead of a silver cup!
Having got out of the way of doing scrapbook layouts since my Oz and NZ trip, I am trying to get back into it again! With not much happening in this run up to winter, I may get some more layouts - LOs - done..... if I get time to do them with all this painting practice I am going to put in! That was somewhat tongue in cheek, but I really must make an effort to practise. I went to the hairdresser today, a walk along the Green, and over the footbridge then a longer walk to Kim's house, along the back road out of Peebles and past the park. The sun was shining and there was blue sky with puffy clouds, and did I study those autumn trees along the way! Well, I could have kicked myself for leaving my camera at home! Maybe tomorrow I'll get out and take a few shots! I can see where Joe is coming from with his technique!
Oh yes, the hairdresser! Well, Kim has always been a wacky dresser and her hair can be any colour! For a while you could see all Kim's customers sporting purple streaks, and I was no exception! Well, why should the youngsters have all the fun?! Anyway, the colour had faded a lot and had begun to grow out a bit so today I decided that along with covering up my dark roots with the blonde, I would go for some more colour! I'm not too sure about both sides being bright pink, but I do love the back when I put my hair up as I usually do these days. It's purple! Not the same purple as before - that was more a plum purple. This is really dark purple!
Anyway, when I got to work tonight a couple of folk thought I had done the colour for sponsoring a charity, so I thought Why not?! Pink is normally associated with Cancer, and as we had a Cancer Research collecting box in the office, I got Keith our manager to put his signature to my request to "sponsor Evelyn's new hair colour by donating to Cancer Research" and put them on the counter in a prominent position! I got a very good response from our customers, along with various comments from "It's cool!" to "I knew you had to be doing it for charity and not as a fashion statement." Thanks a bunch, Malcolm! Some people gave very generously and the collecting box was quite heavy by the end of my shift! Wonder if I could do it again tomorrow! Why not, eh? Kim says the pink will fade to a baby pink quite quickly, but I may ask her to put in a couple of dark purple lowlights to break up the bright pink in the meantime! I know what my sister will say when she sees it! She thinks I am off my head, old enough to know better..... eh, Jean?
Well, even pink night owls have to sleep sometime, so I am off to bed now! Night night!
Talk again soon!

No comments: