WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Tuesday 19 August 2008

Great news!



Great excitement today! Got an email from Ian in Australia to say that Sally has graduated as Dr Sally, and that she and Andrew - ET - will be arriving in Glasgow on 26th, for a two or three year stay, while Sally does her Fellowship! I knew they were due to be arriving sometime this month but not the exact date!

Congratulations Sally on the graduation - you look lovely - and I am really looking forward to seeing you next week! Planning on coming to meet you at the airport!


Then the other excitement is that Clare and Nathan have just bought their first house! What a great feeling! It's YOURS, guys! This is a great photo of Clare and the SOLD sign! They don't complete the deal till 19th September, but that's not so far away now. I bet you're really pleased, Clare and Nathan! I'm really happy for you both.
Then the third piece of news is that Ian and Berny have booked their tickets to come over here for Christmas! It will be fabulous to see you again! Is it three months already, since I came home? Crumbs, it must be!
Well, just a wee short blog today, as I am trying to clear out my numerous photos on the computer, and get the best ones on to CDs. The pooter has been getting very slow and I am constantly getting little reminders from it that there isn't much memory left! I've removed as many unnecessary files as I can, so now the photos have to go - somewhere! I will no doubt find some pictures I have intended to use in a blog at some time so watch this space, in the absence of anything very much going on over the next few days!
Glad you're enjoying my blog over there in Victoria. Not too sure just who else is reading it, but everybody's welcome! Sending love to all the rellies in Aus, NZ, Canada, South Africa, and to all my good friends all over the place too. Hope to see Edwina from Berkshire soon too, and Chris from the west is coming to visit at the beginning of September! Then I go to France to see Ian later in September. Oh isn't it great!!!
Talk again soon!

No comments: