WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Wednesday 16 July 2008

The wedding

So, now I'm almost at the final chapter of my Antipodean holiday blog in pictures - and after next week I'll be starting another. It's time for the annual pilgrimage to Knoydart, the lacemakers' week! It will be great to meet up with the others from Winchester, Inverness, Nairn and the Isle of Skye, as well as our friends at Doune. Norma, Morag and I are travelling up together to Kinlocheil on Friday and on to Mallaig on Saturday to be picked up and boated across Loch Nevis to the Last Wilderness, for a week of lacemaking, exploring, excellent accommodation and out of this world food!!! It's the perfect R&R for the stressed - and the unstressed. I've given up stressing!
However, for now we have a wedding to attend - that of Sally to Andrew, in Adelaide on 17 May 2008.
First, a day or two before, there was the rehearsal, and Father Sean, from Ireland, is directing the proceedings. What a character he is!














Then it was for real!




I think dad looks more nervous than the bride!!! How were you feeling then, Ian?




The bridesmaids precede the bride down the aisle over there, unlike here where they follow!











Bruce is filming again.


Father Sean










Andrew and Sally listening to the readings!
Sally's dress is pale pale pink
with beautiful beading on the bodice.













I was the first reader with a passage from the Letter from St Paul to the Ephesians!









This is the buttonhole I was wearing! Isn't it beautiful!







Bea, Rowena, Clare,the bridesmaids, Sally, ET, and groomsmen, Tariq, Shaun and Andrew D.


Now Sally and Andrew make their vows to eachother....








....and exchange rings.










You may kiss the bride!









Parents of the bride and groom
Ian, Berny, Sally, ET, Dianne and Geoff


As Sally and ET light their candle, Father Sean encourages the congregation to applaud!









As Sally and Andrew sign the register, the harpist plays and sings













Then it is the turn of Andrew's sister, Sarah, and Sally's brother, Paul, to sign the register as witnesses. Over here it tends to be the chief bridesmaid and the best man who are the witnesses.




Showing off the certificate, and a photo for the album



Mr and Mrs ET




Clare looks like she's feeling the cold!









Nathan and Clare
















and Clare on her own!







A photo with the grandparents












Then it's off to the reception!
Last lot of pics tomorrow then!
Talk again then!

1 comment:

Mary said...

Beautiful bride...
Mary