WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Friday 27 June 2008

Reaching Maureen's at Mot








This is a view along the Buller River with the autumn colours that I meant to put in yesterday's blog but I'll just start with it today.




This is Lake Rotoroa (not Rotorua) in the Nelson Lakes National Park. There is good walking in the Park, and although overnight stays may be made en route, the water taxi can ferry walkers to and from points that converge on the lakeside, making it possible to do short stretches, perhaps in a day.





The next few pics could almost be of Scottish mountains.















Nearing Motueka











The main route north was on the other side of this bridge but I decided to do a short drive on the opposite side, following the Motueka river.











and here is Maureen's little cottage at Motueka. It was on the climbing rose that I saw the butterfly in the next shot. It was twice or thrice the size of our butterflies!











I had to adjust the lighting and the exposure in this photo to get the butterfly to be visible, so the sky and the rose hips are not as vibrant as they were in reality.












There's a lemon tree in Maureen's garden and feijoas land in her flowerbeds from a tree next door.














These are feijoas! They have a very strong perfume, not at all unlike Ralgex the deap heat cream you rub in to relieve sore muscles! These ones tasted OK but they need to be riper!





Maureen and I pose for a photo beside the beautifully painted screens, done by Maureen's landlady's daughter. You can get a better impression of them in the next shot below.













I think this is so nice.





Next time I'll show you photos taken on the two days I spent with Maureen. However for now it is time to say goodnight.

Talk again soon.

No comments: