WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Monday 23 June 2008

Kevock




















I mentioned I had been with our U3A garden group to visit Kevock Garden last week, so I must put in a few pics from there. Laid out over 40 years ago by physicist and horticulturalist Sir John Randall, the garden is situated on a steep bank overlooking the North Esk river. Once a year it is opened to the public under the Scotland's Gardens scheme, but otherwise groups may visit by appointment only. The house itself at the top of the slope was designed by Morris and Steedman and built in 1959. It still looks remarkably contemporary today.

Kevock is probably better known for its nursery gardens, but on Friday we were privileged to be allowed to see the garden itself at Kevock Road, near Loanhead.

It was a warm and sunny afternoon, thankfully, as we explored the little paths, glades and clearings, finishing off the visit with question time over a cup of tea and a biscuit with Dave, from Forres, the chief propagator of the nursery gardens, and a look at the plant stall where some of the group bought plants to take home.

I'm not going to give you a lecture about the various plants we saw, you'll be glad to know. Just enjoy some photos. If you want to enlarge them, just click on the photo. Most of them will enlarge though there may be one or two that won't. No idea why that is, or what I can do about it!!




















One last pic and that's me for today! It has taken most of the day to get this uploaded! Hope you enjoyed the flowers! Talk again soon!

PS. I think the photos I position centrally are the ones that don't enlarge! I'll just have to put pics in on the left or right sides of the page from now on!

No comments: