WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Thursday 29 May 2008

Invercargill

I haven't had much time to do any editing of of photos in the last few days, but yes, Berny and Ian, I am fine thanks! It seems to have been a busy week but I can't think what has actually been happening. I think I told you about going to Dunfermline to scatter Leslie's ashes in the garden of Remembrance at the Crematorium on Tuesday. Wednesday I had a couple of appointments to keep, and Thursday I met Norma in the morning - extending into lunch time - and then I was off to work. It was an afternoon start at work on Friday too, and what a busy night it turned out to be! I like it when it's busy though!

On Saturday - yesterday - I went with Morag and Mike to the garden show at Ingliston on the edge of Edinburgh near the airport. The weather was astounding! Blue sky, sun, heat - about 28C maybe! It was lovely but I was glad to get into the shade at every opportunity! See! I can tolerate the cold but not the heat! That's to all you folk over in NZ and Oz who tried to get me into coats and jackets! Anything over about 25 and I'm done for!!! It was a good day though and I bought some clematis plants for my wee patch - very restrained I was!


Today I have been at work - early shift 7 a.m till 3 in the afternoon. We've paid for the lovely day yesterday! It was a lot cooler today and it rained! Surprise, surprise!


OK! Back to NZ. I am really enjoying re-living my trip while editing my photos! It's just hard to leave some pictures out but I have them all on disk so I'm not losing them. Today's pics are all taken in the museum in Invercargill. The highlight of that visit is in the last two photos for today! Thanks for organising that, Eunice!
Some New Zealand birds in the Museum at Invercargill




This is the sort of thing that keas get up to!





A pukeko - actually blue wth a black back. I think this one must be a rather elderly resident of the museum!!!
A tui- also known as a Parson bird - from the "lace" ruffle at its throat












and a little owl called a Morepork - from the sound it makes

















Dolls from the Diana Eckersley exhibition

Mushrooms!




Meeting of cultures - te pikorua





Maori meets Pakeha (white person -European)















Bath in a tin bucket. Isn't this so clever!
It really makes me smile!



















A teenager, in her jeans and fancy top, coloured hair and all! Our teenagers are much more decorative than this now! I think this one must be from my era!






Orange doll










Doll on a swing!










This is Carol looking ever so ever so! There were a couple of dolls seated in these wee chairs, but I chose Carol to show you



















rockin'n'rollin dolls, they look a bit more balletic to me




























and a very European looking Santa Claus! There were loads of other dolls so this is just a small selection.







For Janet and Shell, this is the display about Burt (Bert) Munro and the fastest Indian in the World, his bike!















Now for the highlight for me!












I get to meet and hold a tuatara! It isn't Henry, the famous tuatara at the museum who at 100 years old has just fathered a family, but one of his pals. Not sure how old this one is!

So those are the highlights of the Invercargill museum!
Now I promise that next time we'll go travelling!
Talk again soon!

1 comment:

Crystal Johnson said...

Hi Evee just a quick note to say hi! I was here... Happy belated belated Birthday I am glad that you had a good trip abroad. Take care dear friend.