WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Friday 18 April 2008

The continuing story......

Sorry I finished off that last entry so abruptly! I was at Melbourne Airport - Tullamarine - waiting for my flight to Auckland when I found the computers. I paid for an hour, and just managed to get it written that far before my time ran out! Just had time to press the button to publish and I was timed out!

So to finish off that story, the reception continued with dancing for the youngies, though dear Nathan grabbed my hand and pulled me onto the dance floor at one point! I bopped away with the best of them! Good fun! Eventually the bride and groom said their farewells, each going in the opposite direction round a circle of guests, and left amid cheers from us all. The party broke up soon after and with one (Andrew, you know who that was)rather the worse for wear, our party headed back to the house to talk about the lovely day it had been, or in Andrew's case to collapse into bedimmediately!

Next morning guests who had stayed over in the area began arriving at the Dromana house where Paul got the barbie on the deck going for brunch! Sausages, burgers, tomatoes, mushrooms, and eggs cooked on the indoor stove... beautiful! We sat on the deck to eat, overlooking Philip Bay, the sun shining and warm - very warm! All ye who read that at home, be jealous! Soon Bruce, who had been doing some filming work nearby for a documentary, arrived back and picked up Dale and myself for the drive back to Melbourne along with Catherine who works with Bruce on these occasions. She was dropped off at the airport for a flight back to Sydney and then we drove to the motel where I would be staying for the night as I had to catch an early flight to Auckland next morning. After a cup of tea together in the motel bar, I said goodbye to Bruce and Dale, extracting from them a promise to try to come back to Scotland soon. Actually I'll see Bruce again at Sally's wedding in May, but then Holly, his daughter, will be with him, instead of Dale.

So, I hope to be able to upload some pictures soon! I have already taken hundreds of photos, but more of that anon! Getting late, time for bed now but I'll continue in the morning! Well, it IS morning but as usual I haven't been to bed yet! More after a sleep! Lots to catch up on!
Talk again soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Evee...keep us updated... I'm so enjoyed being with you on your journey. Mary