WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Sunday 17 February 2008

snowdrops and an artist

I went out for a little run in the car the other day to look at the snowdrops! They're everywhere - in gardens, on roadside verges, in woodlands - hanging their little white heads like the drops of snow they are named for. Of course most of the woodland ones have been planted there by humans originally and over countless years have doubled up and doubled up to form beautiful large carpets of white. We have, not too far from town, a beautiful woodland garden that opens to the public, where the snowdrops are a feature at this time of year. The owner of the garden has spent vast amounts of time planting new bulbs and probably thinning out clumps that are too crowded, to make a visit to the garden a real treat. The snowdrops in my own garden haven't multiplied too much yet, so I took some photos of some I saw on a roadside and have made this layout for my scrapbook.Aren't they so pretty?

And now - the artist! I made a discovery yesterday! We have a customer who comes regularly into our shop. Nice guy, early 50s. Up till yesterday I was under the impression his name was James - that's how he registered for the DVD hire - but on visiting a newish art gallery in the town yesterday I discovered that "James" is actually "Joseph", and an artist whose watercolour paintings I have always liked. Somehow I'd always imagined the artist to be an elderly man, but not at all! I also discovered that he teaches art classes, something I've often thought about doing, and they're on Tuesdays, which just happen to be my day off. Much as I like watercolours, well painted, I didn't think that would be my forte. A friend paints with acrylics and I have an acrylics painting by another local artist so thought that would be my preference rather than oils. However Joe also paints with gouaches, and I think that would definitely suit me, so I've expressed an interest in a class! Of course I may not be any good - but.... watch this space!

Meanwhile have a look at Joe's paintings...

Well, once again, time for me to clear off!
Talk again soon.



1 comment:

Mary said...

Question for you & just an observation...
The LOs of the snowdrops & artist don't enlarge when clicked upon. Did you put them on the page in a different way from the others...?

Just curious...