WELCOME!


Welcome to my blog. Thanks for dropping by. Hope you'll stay and enjoy reading about where I've been and what I've been doing!

I don't mean this to be a replacement for personal emails, but it gives me the chance to put up photos and my scrapbook layouts, so I don't block up your in-boxes, or have to send the same photos and stories to everyone separately!
Thanks, and welcome, to the followers of my blog. I'm very honoured that you enjoy it. Drop me some comments from time to time! It's good to hear what you think about the posts. Come back again soon.

Thanks also to Mary of Mary's Mixes for doing all the work on the blog's heading. You are great, Mary!



Tuesday 12 February 2008

A beautiful day

Another glorious day! The sun shone, the sky was the most wonderful shade of blue, not a cloud to be seen! It wasn't even that cold! It would have been a great day for the garden, but this afternoon I was due to be at a meeting of our local U3A meeting! This is what it says on the website: "U3A stands for the University of the Third Age, which is a self-help organisation for people no longer in full time employment {ahem! we won't say anything about that! E.} providing educational, creative and leisure opportunities in a friendly environment." There's lots more too but this is the gist of it. Our local group offers all sorts of sub-groups in different subjects that are run by the members on a self-help basis. The members are all folk who live locally, but as in so many of these types of things, the majority of them are incomers, as I am myself of course, but most of them are English! (Proof that life is better in Scotland?)
I am signed up for several groups - intermediate Spanish, gardening and genealogy (English genealogy at that, because the person offering to host the group is English!! Actually it suits me quite well as I have mother's side of the family to investigate. They were all Geordies - in other words they came from round about Newcastle-upon-Tyne. I know a little but am hoping to find out more.) Jane, my great grandmother, was born in South Shields, but married a Scotsman. Her daughter, my grandmother, was also born in South Shields and she too married a Scot! Mother used to say about Jane that she never felt properly dressed until she had her earrings on!
This was meant to be a blog about the beautiful day today has been, but I have digressed!!! Back to the point! The U3A meeting today, the main group, had a local guy as speaker. He does DVDs of his movie film and photographs, and adds music and commentary to his presentations. They don't last long but are really interesting, especially when we recognise the locations! It just reminded me what a beautiful area I live in! So, today was to be for views around Peebles......and now I find I actually don't have many scrapbook layouts of the area. The ones I have, I have already shown you! I must do something about that and get some more layouts done! Enjoy the ducks along Tweed for now!
Oh well! Going back to the English ancestors. Jane, above, was the granddaughter of John Purvis and Winefred Snowball! Yes, SNOWBALL! Really, and as Winefred's father was called Anthony, I can truly say I have descended from A. Snowball (a snowball). It's the excuse I now churn out to explain why I don't feel the cold that much! In actual fact I inherit those genes from dad's side, not mother's!
The Snowballs go back a very long way. Winefred's family can be traced back to the beginning of the 16th century - not that I actually researched all of them! I got a lot of info from a Snowball relation who did! Now I want to find out about the Purvis family and the Bell family. Both families seem to have had a few seafarers amongst them. Census records reveal more than one Master mariner in the family!
No photos of the Bells or Purvises, but here's one of grandmother, Jane's daughter. I like this one, but so far haven't found out the story behind it.
Everyone said I was the spitting image of grandmother's aunt Ella, but I look a lot like grandmother too, especially as she looks here. Shame I never knew her! She actually died quite young, of disseminated sclerosis, which is now known as multiple sclerosis. I don't know a lot about her, but recently got a little more information from the only surviving cousin who knew her, who now lives in South Africa. Interesting!!
And on that note.....
Talk again soon!



2 comments:

Mary said...

I just love logging into your BLOG... you write so well & it's so interesting.
Looking forward to seeing more photos of your locality & the town of Peebles itself.
Keep up the good work friend.

Anonymous said...

威而柔,自慰套,自慰套,SM,充氣娃娃,充氣娃娃,潤滑液,飛機杯,按摩棒,跳蛋,性感睡衣,威而柔,自慰套,自慰套,SM,充氣娃娃,充氣娃娃,潤滑液,飛機杯,按摩棒,跳蛋,性感睡衣
情惑用品性易購



免費視訊聊天,辣妹視訊,視訊交友網,美女視訊,視訊交友,視訊交友90739,成人聊天室,視訊聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊聊天室,情色視訊,情人視訊網,視訊美女
一葉情貼圖片區,免費視訊聊天室,免費視訊,ut聊天室,聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,影音視訊聊天室


辣妹視訊,美女視訊,視訊交友網,視訊聊天室,視訊交友,視訊美女,免費視訊,免費視訊聊天,視訊交友90739,免費視訊聊天室,成人聊天室,視訊聊天,視訊交友aooyy
哈啦聊天室,辣妺視訊,A片,色情A片,視訊,080視訊聊天室,視訊美女34c,視訊情人高雄網,視訊交友高雄網,0204貼圖區,sex520免費影片,情色貼圖,視訊ukiss
網頁設計,徵信社,情侶歡愉用品

色情遊戲,寄情築園小遊戲,情色文學,一葉情貼圖片區,情惑用品性易購,情人視訊網,辣妹視訊,情色交友,成人論壇,情色論壇,愛情公寓,情色,舊情人,情色貼圖,色情聊天室,色情小說,做愛,做愛影片,性愛


情惑用品性易購,aio交友愛情館,一葉情貼圖片區,情趣用品

情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣用品,情趣,情趣

網頁設計,徵信社,RICH178投資理財論壇

A片,色情A片,免費A片,成人影片,色情影片,a片免費看,情色貼圖,情色文學,情色小說,色情小說